Today’s post is short, but valuable.
Putting in the Work
Let’s try a little exercise. Ask yourself: “Do people around me trust me?” In the self-evaluation below, I offer 10 aspects of trust for you to consider. Ask yourself the following:
- Am I consistent with everyone around me?
- Do I deliver as promised?
- Am I open and authentic?
- Do I show confidence?
- Am I truthful?
- Do I make people feel safe?
- Am I willing to sometimes say “no”?
- Am I open to feedback?
- Do I make time for those around me?
- Am I reliable?
If anything on this list is missing from your approach to leadership, people are less likely to trust you, and it’s going to take some work to build it. Here are eight traits to consider in doing so:
- Honesty and integrity
- Commitment and passion
- Decision-making abilities
- Empowerment through delegation
- Believing in and bringing out the best in those you lead